Uninstalling MOBILedit! is a simple process done in the usual manner. You can do so by any of the following:
- Windows XP - Find MOBILedit! in Add/remove programs under the control panel. Launch the uninstallation by clicking the "Remove" button.
- Windows Vista and newer - Find MOBILedit! in Programs and Features under the control panel. Select MOBILedit! and launch the uninstallation by clicking the "Uninstall/Change" button.
- Select the Uninstall MOBILedit! item in Start/All Programs/MOBILedit!
First you will be asked if you want to remove your Activation. Please allow this option, because it is very important for future smooth installations.
If you choose to uninstall the program, you may want to keep the user files (e.g. backups, archive content, settings,...). All the files which you created will remain in the user's folder. If you want to delete all MOBILedit! files, use the appropriate checkbox. Keep in mind, that user files include your backups and offline devices. Deleting them is irreversible.
You can delete, copy or move the user files manually. How to find the user's folder (default settings):
- Windows XP
- C:\Documents and Settings\[CURRENT USER]\Application Data\MOBILedit
- Windows Vista and newer
- C:\Users\[CURRENT USER]\AppData\Roaming\MOBILedit