10.2 Backup: Step by Step
In the Backup Settings dialogue, you can select the name of the backup, as well as some additional information.
Device Capabilities window offers to choose from several data types:
- Contact List
- Missed Calls
- Dialed Numbers
- File System
- if selected, other window will appear to set the details after clicking the Next button.
- MMS Inbox
- MMS Outbox
- MMS Sent Items
- MMS Storage
- (SIM Card Data)
- Depends on the capabilities of the phone.
This dialogue appears only when File System is selected to backup in the previous screen (Backup Settings).
There are three methods to select files to backup:
- Whole file system
- All the files accessible from the phone's file system are going to be backed up (it may take several minutes).
- Specified file types
- Here you can select specific files by defining the filetype.
- You can select the offered Audio, Video and Pictures checkboxes with the file types already predefined.
- You can also define your own file types. File types should be separated by ";".
- Selected files & folders
- You can select specific folders or subfolders to backup under the phone's root.
The process may take a while - please be patient.
Cancellation doesn't stop the process instantly. It is required to finish part of the session. Please be patient.
The final window allows you to browse the detailed view of items backed up. The Finish button becomes active when the process is over. After clicking the Finish button, the device's backup can already be found in the Backups folder.
TIP: When connected through BlueTooth / IrDA, it is recommended to select only the necessary amount of files to backup. Backing up of the whole file system could take rather long.