To find out how to connect a phone through a cable, please watch the video:
Before beginning the cable connection process, please make sure:
- the phone is switched on
- you have connected the cable to the phone and to the computer
- the cable is compatible with the mobile device
- communication mode on the phone is set to "PC Suite", "Phone" or similar
- NOT in "Mass storage", "Print" or "TV out" mode
- Cable drivers are installed properly
Searching for the port:
The detection process is virtually automatic. All you need to do is wait until the appropriate port appears. You can select the port and click the Finish button straight away without having to wait until the searching is over.
It is possible to search for and connect more than one device at a time.
If the detection fails for some reason, you should:
- retry the detection (The Refresh button restarts the searching process. It becomes active when the searching process is over.)
- continue to the troubleshooting section.